What does "vegan" mean?
- Vegan is a lifestyle and dietary choice where an individual chooses to not partake in eating or using products that contain meat or other animal by-products.
- Cruelty-free is a term used to determine if a product has or has not been tested on animals.
What makes a product vegan and cruelty-free?
- When a product claims to be "vegan and cruelty-free", you can be assured that there are absolutely no animal products of any kind (beeswax, lanolin, carmine, etc.) in that particular product and no animal testing occurred.
- Although all the products we carry are 100% vegan, not every brand we carry is. Every brand we carry is 100% cruelty-free and do not test on animals.
- Currently Hēy Konēko is in the process of going completely green! All of our paper and shipping products are either recycled or eco-friendly, and we have phased out using any sort of unnecessary paper products in our Boutique! As for our products, we only select products to sell that also fit these standards!
- Most of our products are handmade to order, from small companies and local brands. Therefore, they take longer to produce. We choose to sell these types of products because the quality is consistent and it has less of an impact on the environment than a large corporation would. We appreciate your patience and dedication to shopping small! If you would like to know when products are back in stock, we recommend signing up for our newsletter.
- Due to shipping restrictions there are a few products we are unable to sell on our online site. The products we can not sell online are our house plants, succulents, Kokedamas, and Sunday Scaries CBD Gummies. These products however are always available in the Boutique for purchase during business hours!