Akaneri Woven Bowl
For the design of the Akaneri series, Local + Lejos designer Sheeva took a truly traditional pattern of the Abizeranye Cooperative in Rwanda and tweaked the colors to fit perfectly into a modern home. The Akaneri Bowl can add the finishing touch to any living space – we recommend adding it as a coffee table centerpiece.
- Our hand woven bowls are crafted from natural sisal fibers threaded over a core of locally-gathered forest grasses.
- Artisans work 1-2 days to weave a small bowl and 2-3 days to weave a medium bowl.
- Available with Black Diamonds
- Dimensions: small bowl 7″d, medium bowl 12″d.
- Care: Wipe with a dry cloth.
Azizi Life partners with over 30 independent groups in Rwanda - over 500 artisans... and growing! Rising from the horrors of genocide, artisans from all backgrounds have joined together once again through their art. With their fair trade income, parents are caring for the health, nutrition, and education of their children. Families are building better homes. Women are rising out of crippling dependency to become contributors in their communities. Our artisan partners have a vision to be leaders for wholeness in their community, and we are privileged to partner with them.